When you take into consideration a normal week in San Francisco, California there are around 260 phone calls made regarding car accidents to 911. But in the week of 17-23 March 2020, there were only 110. This is the fewest number of traffic collision calls made within seven days in the last 17 years. Everyone is feeling the stress and it can cause an effect on our capability to drive safely during the coronavirus pandemic. Here are some reasons which can lead to car accidents.
Reasons for Car Accidents due to Coronavirus Anxiety
1. Incoming News: Any incoming disastrous news about coronavirus can be a distraction while driving on the road. This is typically more likely to happen while listening to the updates on the car radio and concentrating more on what is happening in the world rather on the road while driving.
2. Altering Sleeping Patterns: Because of the anxiety and having to deal with the new reality, a lot of people are reporting changing sleeping patterns and poor quality sleep. This can also cause tired driving. It is one of the main reasons for car accidents across Florida.
3. Uncertainty: Due to the uncertainty of the coronavirus situation many of us are feeling anger and frustration while driving. This can cause road rage incidents and distracted driving.
4. Anxieties and Worries: If you are feeling anxiety, fear, or worry due to the coronavirus crisis, it will also lead to distraction even when you are just a phone call away from help. There is every chance that you are contemplating your future and this emotional distraction will be insidious as avoiding it is not very easy.
Remedial Measures for Car Accidents due to Coronavirus Situation
1. Be Aware and Stay Calm: You need to be aware of the dangers associated with the coronavirus situation as it is one of the first steps towards averting the danger. Try and think about the ways of staying in control and managing your emotions as far as possible while driving and otherwise.
2. Push Away All Distractions: Although there are fewer drivers on the road at the moment due to the coronavirus situation you will be required to drive defensively and stay away from all the devices and push away the various distractions. Concentrate on the road and your driving. Also remember that other drivers could be distracted, upset, and making driving error so you have to make way for them as well. Be prepared for the unexpected during the crisis.
3. Limit the Driving and Get Help Wherever Required: If you find that you are struggling or you are exposed to the coronavirus possibility and are not feeling well just limit your driving. Ask a relative or a friend to pick you up in case there is something you need to do or if you need any groceries. You can also order online if the facility is working in your region.
If you have been involved in a car accident in the Tampa Bay area and are wondering about the current situation which may affect your capability to get compensation for the loss, you can get in touch with the Rojas Law Group for consultation. You can discuss the accident with an attorney and also the possible claim.
Picture Credit: Pexels